Human Resources Officer
Leichhardt Adminstration Building
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs. As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
Inner West Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. Employees are expected to demonstrate commitment to these values in performing their respective roles. In addition to these, the following criteria outline those that are relevant to this specific position.
Sign up to our job alerts here
About the role
We are a close knit HR team with a real spirit of team and desire to help each other. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to break into HR and gain a diverse exposure to all aspects of the function.
You will report to the HR Systems and Operational Improvement Manager with an administration focus however we are looking for an individual capable and willing to step up and take on extra responsibility when the need arises.
The Human Resources Officer has strong relationships with Council staff at all levels and is responsible for day to day HR transactional process administration including general correspondence and processing forms and invoices; systems administration, maintenance, testing and reporting; and HR project administrative support.
Working closely in an administrative team, you assist to develop, implement and manage processes to ensure the ongoing efficiency and effectiveness of the HR transactional administration functions while providing the highest level of customer service. The administrative functions are rotated between other HR Admin Officers within the HR Group and you must be agreeable and flexible with this practice to ensure a responsive customer service.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$65,907 - $73,882 p.a. + super
- 1 RDO per month
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs including a subsidized gym membership to a network of Sydney gyms
- Social sports groups
- Prepare routine correspondence including letters, e-mails, forms, faxes, memos.
- Meeting support, such as meeting coordination, minutes and agenda compilation, and distribution
- Assist with the implementation of systems, policies, procedures and operational standards to enhance the effective and efficient administration and customer service delivery for the Human Resources Group
- Assist in the preparation of high quality management reporting on a range of HR matters
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience within a human resources environment in providing high level group administrative support
- Highly developed organisational skills and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across a range of administrative tasks.
- Class C Drivers' Licence.
HR Systems and Operations Improvement Manager - Paul Foley on (02) 9392-5683
Sunday 22 October 2017, at 11:30pm
How to Apply
We recommend you read the Position Description for the role to make sure your application addresses the requirements of the position. Council is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. Please advise us within the application if you need support, reasonable adjustments to participate successfully in the recruitment process.
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions below - on the following page you'll be asked to add your resume. At this stage of the process, depending on the position you are applying, we may also ask for a range of documents such as copies of your qualification(s), working with children checks, licences/tickets, drawings/examples. Therefore please make sure you have these ready before you apply.