Administration/ Financial Officer, Childrens Services - Permanent Part time
Leichhardt Park Childcare Centre
About Inner West Council
Formed from the amalgamation of Ashfield, Leichhardt and Marrickville Councils, Inner West Council is now among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 185,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its ‘Values First’ with flexibility, integrity, respect and the spirit of team as a set of values and associated behaviours for all levels in the organisation. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles
We offer career life balance with hours that allow you to relax and recharge. Many roles offer roster days off giving even greater quality of life and balance. (please check details within the advert)
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $13.50/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Sign up to our job alerts here
The Administration / Financial Officer is accountable for the finances and general administrative functions carried out at the Child Care Centre.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$26.36 p/hour - $28.85 p/hour
$28,785.12 pa - $31,504.20 pa based on 21 hours
- Strong learning and development focus and culture
- Health and wellbeing programs including a subsidized gym membership to a network of Sydney gyms
- Social sports groups
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work both independently and collaboratively within the team and achieve agreed outcomes on time and to the agreed standard .
- Demonstrated experience of financial monitoring, recording and reporting, including ordering and budgeting.
- Proven experience in the administration of Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate under the Federal Government’s Child Care Management System (CCMS) and other relevant benefits and programmes (eg JET, SCCB, ISP)
- Data entry and word processing skills, including proficiency in CCMS approved software
- Work closely with Centre Co-ordinator to ensure professional, seamless operation of the centre.
- Develop and maintain professional, respectful relationships with staff, parents and all internal and external stakeholders, remaining confidential at all times.
- Take personal responsibility for conducting behaviour at all times within Council’s values.
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness and general upkeep of the workplace, ensuring all equipment and resources are respected and maintained to an optimum level.
- Maintain up to date attendance and fee records for all children enrolled through accurate data entry.
Natasha D'Ambrosio, Operation Manager Children & Family Services on (02) 9392 5787
Sunday 28th October 2018, at 11:30pm
How To Apply
Please ensure you read the Position Description at the link above. To apply, follow and answer the questions as required below and click on the "Next" button. On the following page you will be asked to attach your resume/CV. Depending on the criteria of the position, you may also be asked to attach your qualification(s), licences/tickets if it is required. Therefore please make sure you have these attachments ready before you apply.
As this online application system has no save or auto-save feature, please complete your application in one sitting. You may wish to prepare your responses to all the questions in a Word document and then copy-paste them into the relevant field of the form when you are ready to submit.
Eligibility for employment/Pre employment Checks
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks as required for the position. This may include police records checks, certified copies of relevant qualifications, Driver’s Licence and proof of work rights in Australia.
Copies of any sighted documents will be kept by IWC for its records as proof of verification. For more information about work rights in Australia please visit the Department of Home Affairs website